The transport of high value and outsized items regularly requires approval by a Marine Warranty Surveyor as a requirement of the insurance policy (e.g. cargo, construction or Delay in Start-Up).
We work closely with insurers and assureds to minimise the risk associated with the transport of project cargoes. This ranges from single item shipments to large (mega) projects where multiple cargoes are shipped from different sites.
We are recognised as a leading source of expertise on the transport of project cargoes and have written guides on this subject on behalf of insurers. For example, we have written a guide to project cargo shipments on behalf of the UK P&I Club and Allianz (see link below)
Our services include reviewing the relevant documents for lifting, loading, seafastening design, stowage and discharge. We survey the vessels involved to ensure suitability, and attend the actual operations to approve and monitor them, issuing certificates of approval as required.
We have experience of project cargoes such as:
- Wind and tidal turbines
- Nuclear industry components including highly sensitive equipment
- Ship loaders, Ship to Shore, gantry and other port/harbour cranes
- Onshore modules and substations
- Offshore platform jackets and topsides
- Vessels, including semi-subs, jack-ups, superyachts and tugs
- Industrial equipment such as process modules, pre-assembled racks/units, towers, condensers, gas storage tanks etc
- Power generation equipment including turbines, stators etc
- Break-bulk cargoes
- Wheeled and tracked units including rolling stock, large trucks and material-handling equipment