Offshore Oil & Gas
Oil and gas construction projects and operations require careful risk management for the transport and installation of high-value assets and equipment, often in challenging and hazardous environments. We provide marine warranty surveys for a wide variety of offshore oil and gas projects, using our extensive experience to help mitigate risks for our clients.
Our experienced team of Master Mariners, Naval Architects, Marine Engineers, Structural Engineers and Civil Engineers has considerable experience in all offshore operations, including transportation, loadouts, heavy lifts, jacket launches, pipe-laying and subsea operations. We review all relevant engineering documentation and procedures to ensure that best practice and the relevant standards and regulations are complied with, using our experience of similar operations to avoid potential problems from an early stage.
We inspect the proposed vessels and equipment for suitability and will attend operations in-port and offshore to ensure that the procedures are complied with, and that the operations are conducted in a manner that does not present any undue risks. We can issue certificates of approval as appropriate.
We have experience of a wide range of projects from the transport and installation of single assets through to “mega-projects” involving the transport and installation of equipment from multiple sites to a new construction site or facility.
Our experience includes:
- Fixed and floating platforms, including FPSOs, FLNG and FSRUs
- Transport and installation of offshore platform topsides and jackets
- Offshore and onshore heavy lifts including cranes, SPMTs, strand-jacks
- Engineering calculations, reports and operational procedures
- Risk assessments including HAZID, HIRA, QRAs etc
- Subsea operations
- Transport analyses, sea-fastening design
- Rig moving
- Jack-up operations
- Pipeline projects
- Multi-site transport of project cargoes
- Mooring operations