Port Development Studies
The development of a new port or terminal requires technical expertise from a range of disciplines to ensure that the design and operational requirements are met while providing efficiency and maintaining safety. We provide a range of specialist services to support port developments worldwide, working closely with the project teams.
We provide a range of technical advice and services to support port planning projects including new port construction, maintenance and upgrades of existing berths or ports. We work with a range of partners from port planners, contractors and engineers through to insurers and investors, as well as legal interests and operational ports to provide this specialist expertise.
Our team includes Maritime Civil Engineers, whose experience encompasses the concept, preliminary design, construction and contract supervision of port developments. They are supported by our Naval Architects and Master Mariners to provide the following services:
- Concept and feasibility studies
- Port and terminal planning
- Cost assessment and estimates
- Navigation and vessel manoeuvring studies, including approach channel and turning basin design
- Berthing analysis and berth utilisation analysis
- Mooring and fendering analysis
- Analysis of met-ocean climates including wind, wave and current conditions
- Geotechnical investigations, foundation and pile design
- Concrete and steel structural design
- Production of technical specifications, tender and contract documentation
- Tender supervision and assessment
- Contract supervision (as the Engineer or Employer’s Representative)
- On-site construction supervision
- Third-party verification
We use a range of analysis techniques and software tools to support our work including navigation/manoeuvring simulations (real and fast time), mooring analysis software, operational simulations and structural analysis tools.