Hull & Machinery
With extensive experience in ship repair and superintendency, we advise Hull and Machinery underwriters, brokers, adjusters and vessel owners on hull and machinery damages, on the cause, nature and extent of these, and provide estimates of repair costs.
Following an incident or failure, we will attend the vessel to inspect the damage, help mitigate losses and provide estimates of the repair costs. We work with the parties involved to find the most cost effective solution.
We produce clear and concise reports to give interested parties a breakdown of the damage and investigate the cause of the loss. Following the initial estimate of cost, we can monitor the repairs as appropriate and review the repair account on completion, including a final reconciliation of all costs (repair and consequential), as may be covered by the policy.
We specialise in complex, high-value losses and the investigation of the cause of the damage. If disputes arise or litigation proceedings commence, we are often called upon for technical advice and third-party opinions.
Our Hull and Machinery services include:
- Preparation and review of repair specifications and advice on shipyard/repair facility selection
- Review of repair and ancillary costs with respect to insured values and salved values (e.g. for LOF cases)
- Hull and vessel structural damages, main propulsion machinery, auxiliary machinery, cargo handling equipment
- Partial and total losses
- Technical aspects of coverage
- Casualty and incident investigations