Waves Group’s CASPAR reports provide focussed key data following a maritime incident, including marine charts, AIS tracks, environmental/weather conditions, port details, tides, local assets, and a host of other inputs, all tailored to the situation.
CASPAR is intended to assist parties involved in an incident with improved situational awareness and efficient collation of data, while omitting any superfluous information. CASPAR is typically provided as a PDF document, easily viewable as an email attachment on desktop, mobile, or in print. For maximum benefit, we aim to provide a CASPAR as soon as possible after an incident – we therefore produce and supply CASPAR reports within 24 hours of notification, and often within only a few hours.
- P&I/ H&M/admiralty lawyer incident management, assessment of liabilities, protection of interests and member/client support
- Initial search and rescue/emergency response/damage limitation/pollution prevention
- Support for Vessel Owner’s operations teams
- Background incident data for legal reports Salvage operations and casualty management
- Situation awareness for other interests (charterers, cargo etc)
CASPAR is an integral part of Waves Group’s immediate incident response procedures, and has to date been utilised following collisions, groundings, FFOD, salvage (including LOF), wreck removal, fire, towage and port manoeuvring incidents, among others.
A CASPAR can be provided as a fixed fee fast response standalone product, or as an integral part of our wider consultancy services. Please contact email@example.com to book a demonstration or to request a CASPAR report.