Mooring Systems and Analysis
Our team of naval architects and engineers has expertise in the design and analysis of mooring systems for a wide variety of operations and vessels.
Mooring analyses can range from the simple design and specification of the static mooring arrangement for a berth in port, to full dynamic mooring analysis of the mooring spread for vessels used during offshore operations including:
- Cable lay and trenching operations
- Heavy lifts and offshore transfers
- Floating assets including FPSOs, FLNG, FSRUs and similar
- Single Point Mooring (SPB/SBM)
Our track record includes projects involving:
- Mooring analyses to determine mooring system loads and specifications
- Mooring risk assessments including component risk analysis
- Maintenance and inspection regimes for mooring components
- Development of mooring arrangements for tanker and LNG berths
- Investigation into mooring system failures and damages
- Multi-body body mooring systems and innovative mooring concepts
We use specialist marine engineering software (including Optimoor, Orcaflex and DNV’s SESAM suite), combined with our practical experience of mooring operations and installations.