Decomissioning of Large Northern North Sea Platform
Northern North Sea (NNS), UK Continental Shelf
Decommissioning of a large North Sea Platform; reverse-installation and transportation of topsides, MSF and jacket, to a shore recycling facility.
Marine Warranty Surveyors for the reverse installation and transportation.
As MWS, Mwaves was integrated into the project team from the early stages of the removal project, working closely with a major exploration and production company and the removal contractors to minimise the risk associated with the offshore removal and transportation of the topsides modules and jacket of the platform. In particular, our services included;
- Reviewing the relevant engineering documents, procedures and method statements.
- Vessel suitability surveys for all vessels operating in the field;
- Removal operations for the topside modules, MSF and jacket, covering reverse installation and lift onto a semi-submersible crane vessel;
- Seafastening and transportation of the modules;
- Load-in of topside modules and jacket to quay at Vats.